It has been a long time since my last blog post. In the last one, the headline read that "Spring Aerification is Complete." It has been a long challenging summer since then. We are in a drought, and temperatures have been above average for much of the summer, but we keep hoping that better weather is just a few days away.
We completed our fall aerification this week on the greens. I anticipate that they will heal in quickly. We did not pull a core this time. A half inch solid tine was punched into the greens and then the holes were backfilled with sand.
We have begun the process of renovating more tees this fall. Above is the Blue tee on number 8, done last week. You can see the baby grass growing and hopefully filling in soon. Below is the Blue tee on hole 6 that was just done today.